Friday, February 27, 2009

Dance Class


So for the past 3 weeks my roommate and myself have been taking a Pussycat Dolls dance class. Its a one hour basic dance class that is meant to bring out the "inner doll" in all of us. Basically its an excuse to strut around and be a sexy woman! Who wouldn't want that with no one to judge us.


This was out 3/4 class. We now have most of the routine down, and although it is pretty basic, it has still be lots of fun. It has made me realize how much I have missed dancing. I tried to do a weekly ballet and jazz class with an advanced adult class. Although it was great to get dancing again I found the classes really slow and not overly fun. I miss our fun and crazy dances that we used to do back in the day.

Even now I find myself dancing around the living room when no one is home, or doing bar work long a chair or staircase railing. I think that when you have danced as long as I have, it is something that you use to express your feelings and emotions. It can be such a beautiful expression when everything all comes together.

1 comment:

Air said...

Hey Stacy! It's Ariana...how have you been?! I totally stumbled upon this. I've got a blog going too; I think of it as a way to keep things straight and clear out my mind!

Are you taking the class from Kerry Koble? I see you're in Edmonton now? I've got a little dance group going...Bon Bon Dance Co. There's seven girls. If you're ever wanting to mess around, let me know. We practice in Sherwood Park and totally go for a more feminine, jazzy, innovative style...we're doing Candance in April, so we need to get cleaning up our dance! It's high energy, and we're just all there to have fun.

Anyway, let me know what's up. When are you girls going to Vegas? I'm going end of May for my stagette. Anyway, take care!