Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time to Share #16

About 6 months ago I heard this song during our dance class. I searched and searched to find out who it was by, or what it was called.

My search ended today. Yahoo.ca had an article about a young lady who was from Canada, and is nominated for Best R&B Song. I had a hunch that it was the right song, and to my relief it was!

Melanie Fiona is from Ontario, and has been trying to make it big in the music business for a while. She went to LA to meet with record labels and they all told her the same thing; you look great and sound great.

The problem was that she knew as soon as they started to record they would try to change her. She went back to Ontario, and worked on her own. She is now a Grammy nominated singer, and I sure am hoping for her.

Check out the song, I love the R &B and jazz feeling of it. In a way she sounds like Amy Winehouse, without the drama and being a mess.

No comments: