Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Golfing

Almost 2 years ago I started to golf. It was very natural for me as both my parent’s golf, as do most of my family members on my dad’s side.


Now 2 years later, I am gearing up for year #3 of golfing. In that time I have never taken a lesson, but have become pretty good, or what I think is good anyways.


When I started to golf, I was not going to always have to rent clubs, so after my first round I purchased my clubs. As with anything in my life, I didn’t want ugly or the cheapest ones. I traded up my bag, bough a matching glove, tees, balls, everything had to match!


My skills have definitely improved over the years. I no longer cheat when I am playing, and I have taken the foot club (kicking the ball out of the rough) out of my bag. I think it has made me a better player for it.


This year my goal is to do 18 holes. This is something that I have never done before. It is one of my 101 in 1001 to score under 100on 18 holes. I know that doesn’t seem like much, but when you shoot 45-60 in 9 holes, it will be tough.


We also have a work golf tournament that I am gearing up for. I have never played in a tournament so it should be fun! Of course I have no doubt that there will be plenty of booze and laughs along the way. I got tipped of that they had several tequila shot stations throughout the course last year!


I will keep you posted with my golf progress. I am looking to get a new putter so we will see how that improves my game!

No comments: