Monday, May 3, 2010

Red Carpet Round-Up: 2010 MET Ball- Bad Days for Good People

This page is full of 10 women who made a great attempt. Something was just off, and therefore there did not make it to the Best Dressed page. Better luck next time!

10. Camilla Belle- Jason Wu
Camilla always looks amazing on the red carpet. I love Jason Wu and his designs, however it is this design that leaves me a little sour. I do not like how the one shoulder is done on this dress. I would have preferred it to be strapless. However, she still does look stunning.
9. Nicole Richie- Marc Jacobs
Nicole looks great here. I am not a fan of Marc Jacobs, but I love this dress. It really is beautiful. I just wished that Nicole would have tied her hair back so we could get the full effect of the dress.
8. Jessica Szohr- Versace
Jessica is wearing a tough dress to pull off. It looks amazing against her skin, but the dress has not fully warmed up to me yet...
7. Sienna Miller- Emilio Pucci
Sienna Miller looks the best I have seen her in a long time. I really like this dress with one exception. I hate mullet hems. Ladies, please stay away from this fashion trend. The shoes also kill this look for me.
6. Jessica Alba- Sophie Theallet
I love when celebrities wear new designers. At an event like this it gives them such a major PR boost! This look is great on Jessica, although it still falls a little flat. Maybe its the hair, it really is not working for me.
5. Kristen Bell- DVF
I love this shape and look on Kristen, minus the printed fabric. I think this dress would look much better is a solid. Plus the fabric reminds me of camo, and that has no place on the red carpet.
4. Mala Kunis- Vera Wang
At first glance I really like this look, and it probably should be closer to #1 on this chart. My problem is that Mala looks like she is drowning in this gown. Her hair, make-up and accessories are flawless though.
3. Eva Longoria- Marchesa
Whoever did Eva's hair and make-up for this event should be fired. She looks terrible. Plus I hate the hem on this dress too.
2. Marion Cotillard- Dior
Marion needs to learn that there are other designers out there other then Dior. This look is predictable and old. I do not like the dress, it would look much better strapless, and the hairstyle we have seen so many times before.
1. January Jones-YSL
January is another one that fell victim to bad make-up. She looks terrible! The gloves totally work against her. I do however, like the dress. But the rest of the look just kills it for me. Her shoe is much to heavy for this look as well.

No comments: