Wednesday, July 7, 2010

World Cup 2010

So the World Cup is just about over. 1 more game and World Cup 2010 will be in the books.... Thank God!!

I don't know about you, but I just don't get the whole soccer thing. I think that it is boring, dry, nonathletic, extremely overrated!

Just think what would happen if a hockey player, or football player fell down and started to cry because he "hurt his ankle"? Suck it up, and either get up and play again or get off the field.

I also think that it has to be one of the slowest, most painful sports to watch. Yes, ok some of the men are extremely good looking, however, the field is so big that you can't even get a close up of them. In some games there is not even any goals scored. At least with hockey, you get to see a few chances, and some good hits in a 1-0 game.

And then there are those stupid horns. I cannot stand those things! Why would someone invent those to start of with and then give them to 20,000 fans to blow during a game.

All I know is that I am extremely thankful that there is only one game left, and it will be another 4 years before I have to hear about soccer.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh Stacy....I hear you on the horns! I know nothing about soccer, but tried to watch US v. Ghana so I could feel like a good American. About 10 mintues in the horns drove me nuts. So I muted the tv, but then I had no idea what was happening since I don't know the rules. I turned it off and switched over to tennis instead!

Sly said...

Haha, well at least you tried! I couldn't follow tennis for the longest time until this year. The Wii taught me all about tennis.