Sunday, August 29, 2010

Red Carpet Round-Up: 2010 Emmy's Worst Dressed

This year 14 ladies had the privilege of making my Worst Dressed list for the 2010 Emmy's. Some are definitely worse then others, and some are just major let downs in the fashion department. I will warn you the get worse the further down you go.

Julia Ormond-
This dress has amazing color. Unfortunately, I really dislike the top, and her hair is a mess.
January Jones- Atelier Versace
I loved this dress on the model. And it does not look terrible on January. The things that kill this dress are the heavy shoes and the mess of her hair.
Lo Bosworth-aren Caldwell
This is a cute dress, for a Sunday brunch for a 40 year old woman. Lets try to step it up next time Lo.
Terri Seymour-
I have a few issued with this. The first is the peak a boo bra. Your are on the red carpet, lets tuck it away. Second is I hate short dresses on the red carpet for larger award shows.
Angela Kinsey-Romona Keveza
This girl just looks like she is going to a funeral. Lets have a bit of fun with dressing up.
Keri Russell- Cathy Waterman
This girl looks like she is headed to the beach, not to walk down a red carpet. Again lets try again next time.
Heidi Klum- Marchesa
Yes we know you are a supermodel, and that you have long beautiful legs. However, next time please remember the rest of your dress of the red carpet.
Carrie Preston-Makoto Takada
This is a case of someone taking a risk and it not working out. She was by no means the worst of the night, but definitely not a winner.
Sofia Vergara- Carolina Herrera
This woman is stunning, a real true beauty. She still looks beautiful in this gown, but I know she can look 1000 times better. Huge disappointment here.
Kristen Wiig-
I think this dress would look decent without the shoulder parts. Again another risk that didn't pay off.
Glenn Close-Rubin Singer
It is tough for older women to compete with the young beauties on the red carpet. But you can do some much better then this.
Lauren Graham- Yigal Azrouel
Yet another case of a risk that did not pay off. The dress is not terrible, but it just does not make Lauren look her best.
Jewel- Zuhair Murad
This one really hurts me as Zuhair Murad is one of my favorite up and coming designers. However, this dress totally washes Jewel out. I also just do not like the dress, or the earrings.
Worst Dressed- Rita Wilson- Prada
Ah my hate for the Prada brand continues. I hate this dress, and those shoes... wow! That is one way to say over the top.

No comments: