Thursday, August 4, 2011

10 Questions with "the Eng"

It has been a few months now that I have been talking about "the Eng" so I thought that I would formally introduce him to my readers with a simple 10 Questions. I am sure there will be more to come in the upcoming months, but here is a start for all of you!

1. Where did you grow up?
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

2. What do you do for work?
Kind of a profession student right now... Working on my PhD in Mechanical Engineering while coaching hockey on the side

3. How did you meet Stacy?
Viva Las Vegas!! Her and one of her friends followed me and a buddy there to see Garth Brooks

4. What do you like to do for fun?
Golf, head out to the lake, play hockey, and occasionally like to party

5. If you were a bird or an animal what would you like to be?
I would probably be a bald eagle.  I'm not really a huge fan of birds but I have always thought eagles were awesome.  They're big birds that move through the air so effortlessly and just seem to demand respect and honor.  Plus it would be pretty cool to fly.

6. How can you describe yourself in a sentence?
Ridiculously good looking.
I'm kidding.... A huge closet nerd that believes in a strong work ethic, honesty, and integrity.

7. Do you have posters up on your room walls? Did you as a child?
I don't  have any posters up right now but I definitely did when I was younger.  Mostly hockey posters of favorite players or of my Montreal Canadiens!

8.  Did you like me instantly?
Yes I can say that I thought you were pretty cool as soon as I met you; however, I found out later that you didn't actually remember my name until about the second day in Vegas (somehow you thought it was Tyler) so that kind of took a few points off.

9. Do you have any siblings?
Yes, a younger brother and sister.  They're twins.

10. What is your biggest goal in life?
To keep everything in balance.  I like to work hard and aim to be successful in my career, wherever it may take me, but I want to have fun along the way.  I have seen too many people grow bitter in life even though they were successful because they never thought of having a little fun.  I guess when I look back on my life I want to be able to say I was a successful engineer but I also experienced everything I wanted to and was able to share that with my friends and family.

No comments: