Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Day I Almost Died

This last weekend when "the Eng" took me to the mountains I thought that we would go for a relaxing weekend. On Saturday morning when he told me to get my running shoes on I figured we must be going on a walk or something. 30 mins later we were at the base of Sulphur Mountain, and he was tell me that we were going to hike up the mountain....

 Now let me clear a few things up for you.
1) I am in relatively good shape, but I do not enjoy working out.
2) I hate hiking
3) and while I love the mountains, when there is a gondola right on the mountain we are hiking, take me up the gondola not the 2-5hr hike up the mountain!

Regardless, "the Eng" was not going to take no for an answer. So up the mountain we went. Thank goodness we had gotten a water bottle and some snacks for the journey up!

The view is spectacular, there is no argument there. You can see the town of Banff, the Fairmont hotel, Banff Springs Golf Course, and the most crystal clear water ever.



Once we got to the top of the mountain there is a restaurant, more amazing views, and the option to hike to the Observatory on the next mountain over. I told "the Eng" that I might kill him if he made me hike anymore!




The hike was probably good for me, even though its not really my idea of a relaxing weekend. We had many laughs and good talks up the mountain. However, after the nice easy gondola ride down the mountain, I would suggest doing that both ways next time!

2 comments:

Jon said...

High-Five for not being dead!

Anonymous said...

someones gotta toughen you up a little bit...

"The Eng"