Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Top 10 of 2011

This past year was pretty awesome. I know it is the cliche thing to do, but time really did fly, and I have to say it was one of the best years yet! Here are the Top 10 things according to me.

10. Home Reno- My living room was the last room that needed to be redone. Thanks to a work bonus I can officially say it is completed! And yes I still love my white couch.


9. Year of Concerts- Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson the Immortal Tour and Keith Urban made this year pretty awesome. What great performances these all were.


8. Canmore/Banff- "The Eng" decided to plan a trip to Canmore/Banff for the weekend. If was awesome to get away and spend some time together. Golfing Silver Tip was pretty cool too.


7. Work Achievements- I had a killer year at Delta Hotels and Resorts. I made top 25 in the company for Quarters 1 & 2 and 4. Along with some bonus's along the ways it feels pretty good to be on top of my game.


6. Vegas- I love Vegas so it was great to go back with Brett this year. Garth Brooks was amazing and it was pretty awesome to meet "The Eng" and his friend Kevin down there too.


5. New York- New York is another soft spot of mine. Only a few months into dating a boy we jumped on a plane together for 5 days in the Big Apple. A Yankee's game, amazing food, a kick ass hotel and some great company made this a pretty awesome time.


4. Cattle Time- I had an amazing year with my cattle. In March I sold 2 bulls at the Red Deer Bulls sale for $5000 and $5500. Top that off with Elle embryo's selling in Louisville and being able to show Southern Elle all fall and I am ready to see what 2012 brings!


3. Rival- As a family we had a pretty fun ride with RJY Rival 13Y. He was Jr Champion Bull and National Res. Champion Bull at Farmfair and then went onto be Jr. Champion Bull at Agribition a few weeks later. A big thanks to Kopp Farms and the Rival Syndicate for purchasing this herd sire at Checkers for $40,000!


2. Rings and Weddings- In May we got a awesome piece of news when Jon finally proposed to Crystal. We are really excited to travel to Iowa this spring for their wedding, and it has been great getting to know Jon and his family this year.


1. "The Eng"- While in Vegas I met a pretty awesome guy myself. We have spent the last 10 months travelling, showing cattle, hanging out at the lake, and becoming best friends. Stay tuned for 2012 as some exciting things are coming!

No comments: