Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Story For the Ages

I have always found the stories of how couples meet to be great to listen to. Everything from high school sweethearts to neighbourhood friends, or even fierce competitors. My story is original in itself as I met my better half in the most unlikely of places!

One year ago Brett and I headed to Vegas for a girls trip and to see Garth Brooks. It just happened that one of Brett's coworkers was going down with a friend as well. We thought we may see the 2 guys a bit, help them fill their shopping requests, but would just see how things played out.

One Year Ago
As the 5 days went on we actually spent most of our time with the guys. It turned out that this other friend that came along was pretty cute, and despite thinking his name was Tyler for the first 24hrs, Dan was a great guy. He asked if he could take me out for dinner when we got back and my response was, "Probably, and that's more then most of the boys get!" (I may have had a few drinks at that time)
One Year Later in Phoenix
Flash forward one year and we are still together. We spent our one year with Dan's family in Phoenix and enjoyed some shopping, golfing, and most of all the heat! I never would have guessed that the trip to Vegas would turn out with a boyfriend, owning a house with that guy, and being more happy then I ever thought possible!

To top it all off I even got some pretty great jewels! No girl will ever say no to Tiffany's and Swaroski....

1 comment:

RobynBeazley said...

Congrats on 1 year together!! LOVE how you two met ;)