Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cavalia

Almost 2 weeks ago now I wanted to surprise Dan with a date night. We were going to be in the city all weekend and had not gone out and done anything for a while. After hearing some great reviews, and the show being extended 6 times, I figured Cavalia was the best option for us.


Dan growing up in the city did not have the first hand experiences with horses like I did. I had to refrain myself every 2 minutes in the show to tell him what a move was called, either how difficult or easy it was, the breeds of the horses, all of those fun details. I can say that he definitely learned lots whether he wanted to or not!


The show really is fantastic though. The cast is great, the horses are amazing and the story that they tell is interesting while not taking away from the true talent of the animals. I loved the multiple choice questions at the beginning of the show to both entertain and educate the audience.

It would have been amazing to go into the barns after the show, however, by the time we bought tickets those types were all sold out.


If you have a chance in the next week you really need to go see this production. Not only is it a great family show, but it is just wonderfully entertaining.

No comments: